Big Picture Twin Cities (BPTC) is an innovative public charter middle school in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. BPTC incorporates the nationally acclaimed Big Picture Learning (BPL) design of a small, highly personalized learning environment with a rigorous, college-focused cross-disciplinary approach.
BPTC has no current openings, but we are always interested in talking to qualified people who share our passion for individualized, project-based education to fill future positions. To start a conversation, please send an email containing your cover letter and resume.
We require the following mindsets of BPTC teachers and staff:
- One Student at a Time: Enact BPL’s “One Student at a Time” philosophy by individualizing educational experiences for each student.
- College Preparatory Mindset: Maintain high academic and behavioral expectations for all students regardless of their race or socioeconomic background. Expect that all BPTC students are on track to apply and be accepted into four-year colleges upon high school graduation.
- Data-Driven Philosophy: Commit to data-driven decision-making.
- Whatever It Takes Orientation: Assume personal responsibility for all that is in staff control in order to ensure high levels of student achievement and development.
- Creativity: Demonstrate creativity and promote creativity among students.
- Teamwork: Actively participate in an inclusive learning and leadership team focused on developing and maintaining caring and supportive relationships. Develop inclusive teams focused on developing and maintaining caring and supporting relationships through advisory.